Saturday, March 17, 2018

Coud Bread

I searched to find a bread substitute, and I assume since your reading this you did as well.
Second batch

I found a few recipes for cloud bread. So far I've made it twice.
The first time I did not have all the ingredients, but it still came out ok. 2nd time I had everything below.

Ingredients

  • 2 large eggs 
  • 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • A pinch of Salt (optional, I did not use salt, and it tasted ok)

Directions

  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (first time I did 450, 2nd time 400, and it turned out better) 
  • separate your eggs into 2 bowls
  • put the baking powder into the whites
  • whip the white
  • spoon the yogurt into the yokes, and mis with a fork
  • pour the whites into the yokes and fold gently
  • Put some parchment paper on your baking pan
  • spoon out 6 on the parchment paper
  • bake for 12 minutes or till golden brown

Review

They tasted pretty good, I will do this again.

Yesterday I did not have any yogurt, but made them anyway without the yogurt. They were good, but were really eggy tasting. I like eggs - so not a big deal to me.

We went to the store last night and picked up some yogurt, so I made some more this morning. They did taste better and less eggy.
Ate them with some baked turkey bacon like tacos. Pretty good.

I plane on substituting cream of tarter for the baking powder. I need to watch my sodium intake. I will post about that when I do it. 
I might make a batch Tomorrow, to have in the fridge for breakfasts during the week.
1st time I made them, you can tell they are a little darker.

If you have better ideas let us know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Field Trips - Crayola Experience and Legoland

Field trips...  They make homeschooling a lot more fun and fortunately our local homeschool group is awesome with coordinating them. They of...