Tuesday, January 2, 2018

There's a Hole in the Pocket



As Red Green says "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

I had a hole in my coat pocket, so I figured I would sew it up instead of bothering my wife about it.
My mother gave me this sewing machine a long time ago. It does not get much use, so every time I do use it (once  every 10 years or so) I need to figure out how it works all over again.

As you can see the birds nest under the fabric. I assumed it had to do with the bobbin since it was under the fabric. Turned out I had the thread routed wrong.

Well, I didn't have the thread routed at all really, just down to the needle. Evidently the thread needs some tension on it to work properly.

Wrong Way
Routed the thread properly. Success - I did not stick the needle through my finger and my jacket pockets no longer have holes in them.

The end product is still messy, but it works.

While I had the sewing machine out; I sewed up a hole in the pocket of an old pair of pants, and just for good measure I sewed up
the other pocket.


Now my keys wont fall in my boot.
Right Way


No comments:

Post a Comment

Field Trips - Crayola Experience and Legoland

Field trips...  They make homeschooling a lot more fun and fortunately our local homeschool group is awesome with coordinating them. They of...